Lampshades can make excellent accents when going for a shabby chic look. The video below contains a very thorough and easy to understand tutorial on how to put together a vintage looking shabby chic lampshade all by yourself.
Things you'll need:
- Old lampshade with skeletal structure in tact
- Selection of fabrics to cover the frame
- Embellishments (buttons, old jewelry, knickknacks, etc)
- Hot glue gun
- Needle & thread to match fabrics
- Small clips to hold pieces in place while you work
- Good pair of scissors
Carefully follow the instructions in the video, and have fun! As always, we'd love to see your work. Please send photos of your original shabby chic creations to chippycharm (at) gmail.com.